Students were challenged to create an interactive installation using MaxMSP. They created novel programs, used strategic projection and display methods and then installed the work for a final critique, prototyping environments and potential install spaces.
Last week I installed a number of the iAm series pieces "buffet style" in a gallery space. I invited some friends in and asked them to interact with the pieces. The event resulted in some new inspirations and a lot of laughs.
Here are some more images from the construction of the project I made for Interactive and Multimedia Art. I used this 1/8" x 3/4" copper stock to make the "buttons" for the project. They are all wired up to an Arduino. I ended up running a ground plane of steel just below each copper strip too. I built a foam stand for the TV to rest on.