So, I did it... I cut through the hinge. It doesn't look too bad! I'd like to think I knew this would work all along, but... Well you know I didn't mean to save this for the end.
Once I finish cleaning up the tubes, I think I'll solder together the magnet holders and start getting those inset into the opening and file out a little fingernail grip.
All is good.
|I marked with a sharpie the part that is "unseen" when you move the compact hinge, in hopes to conceal the hole for the cords. |
|I used a ball bur to "center punch" where I'd be drilling. |
|The hole shows just slightly... not sure if I should square this out, or leave it rounded... thinking on it for a bit. |