Today, I wired up the LED Matrix for the short axis carriage and designed the mount. The mount is made out of 1/8" acrylic that I laser cut to size. I tapped screw holes for the 2mm screws that came with the LED Matrix for constructing. I welded all of the acrylic parts together with Weld On. I then designed a space for the light to sit further elevated off of the carriage - so that I get the maximum travel distance out of the short axis. The new modified mount works well with the endstop. I've also uploaded a couple videos of the machine in action from when I was testing out code for the movement and the light pattern. I'm pretty happy with the progress... Even though it is doing something completely different than what I envisioned it would do.
Over the weekend I started to build the wall that will house my Machine that Makes project. There is a steel stud frame, plywood, sheet metal, lots of metal screws, more plywood etc. I added a hinge to the back panel that will hold the steel rods that make up my machine, for easy access. Eventually, I will also add some trim over the shims that surround the acrylic. Next step is to fill the screw holes in the plywood, sand and paint.